Networking is more than finding a job; it’s about being a part of a community. During this event, you’ll learn why WICT and networking go hand-in-hand. (Hint: WICT is a strong community!)
Join us, be inspired, and come away with:
- A better understanding of WICT opportunities and benefits
- Why networking and diligence go hand in hand
- The value of your network; now and in the future
- Digital networking techniques
- Trends in personal social media
- Encouragement for, the sometimes daunting task of, your strategic networking in 2015
Keynote speaker, Ardell Fleeson, will discuss the strategic aspects of networking with an emphasis on career development and life enhancement. She will then lead a conversation with a panel of experts about networking opportunities across a variety of settings including the digital space, during community service work, and within professional organizations and your workplace.
Linette Hwu, Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive & Betsy Magness Leadership Institute Alumna, will discuss how the program helped her establish relationships with other participants and how she cultivates them in-person and using online platforms like LinkedIn.
Kerry-Ann Hamilton, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President, Howard University & Girls Inc., Board of Directors, will talk about using community service as part of your networking strategy.
Jennifer Cortner, Vice President Partnerships, Discovery Creative & Discovery Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) Member, will talk about the benefits of networking within your own company.
Rebecca Davis, Executive Vice President, Digital/Social, Ogilvy Washington, will discuss social media and its role in networking.
Put your networking skills into practices as you learn about the WICT community and the many benefits of membership during the Meet & Greet Gallery and Reception.
Meet & Greet Gallery Participants:
- WICT National staff members, Nicole Edmund & Kathleen McNally – Learn about national programs available to WICT members, including the Rising Leaders Program, Betsy Magness Leadership Institute, Executive Development Series, the annual Leadership Conference and much more!
- Alumnae from these programs will also be there to talk about their experiences and answer questions
- WICT Washington DC/Baltimore Chapter Committees – Learn what we do and how to get involved!
- Mentoring Program Co-Chairs, Jessica Jones & Sonji Robinson, with mentoring program alumnae Margaux Jessup (mentor) from Travel Channel and Shannon Jones (mentee) from BET
- Programming Co-Chair, Liz Hillman
- Membership Co-Chair, Shani Boone
- Volunteer Chair, Sara Timmins
- Girls Inc., Board of Directors Members, Cheryl Wade & Kerry Ann Hamilton – Learn about their organization and how WICT supports their work.
- Discovery Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) Co-Chair, Jane Gleason – Learn about their group, and benefits about being a member of an internal networking group.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
5:30pm – – Meet & Greet Gallery and Registration Reception
6:15pm – – Keynote Presentation & Panel Discussion
7:30pm – – Meet & Greet Gallery and Dessert Reception
1 Discovery Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Discovery Communications is located across the street from the Silver Spring Metro Station and parking is available nearby at 1101 Bonifant Dr (metered) and 921 Wayne Ave (free after 6pm).