Developing women leaders who transform our industry is WICT’s mission. Women in Cable Telecommunications has remained steadfast in its resolve to advance the position and influence of women through proven leadership programs and services at both the national and local level. WICT Washington DC/Baltimore is the 4th largest of 20 chapters nationwide, accounting for more than 13% of WICT’s over 5,000 members.
Our primary goal is to serve the needs and interests of each of our members by providing highly rated programming events with emphasis on networking, leadership and mentoring. WICT-Washington/Baltimore leverages the impressive talent pool of top female executives working in cable and telecommunications in the Washington DC/Baltimore area to offer programs that allow members access to top industry leaders.
We are innovative. We are proactive in sharing information that affects our industry. We set the precedent for new and immediate learning environments.
We are influential. We continue to embark on services that are important and good for the industry and its employees. We remain the most powerful and visible voice in the industry for advocating leadership development and the advancement of women.
We are inclusive. We embrace all career levels of our industry. We promote diversity in our membership, programs, staff and volunteer community. We promote an experience that is inviting, warm, friendly and fun.
- We create bold, self-empowered leaders through advocacy and leadership training.
- We are committed to leading the charge in advocacy, self-empowerment and leadership training for women in the cable telecommunications industry.
- We believe that professional success will be achieved through the combination of job skills, industry knowledge, mentoring and networking.
- Our service to individuals in the industry applies to all levels of the profession and across all segments of our industry.
- We believe that smart leadership development means a balance between shaping personal growth and sharpening business acumen.
- We trust that our purpose, mission and resources are also exceptionally beneficial to men in cable telecommunications industry, at all career levels.