WICT Washington DC/ Baltimore 2018 Schedule of Events
The WICT Washington DC/Baltimore Chapter is committed to providing high quality programs and events to its membership. Our programs emphasize the value of networking, leadership and mentoring. We encourage you to become an active member of the chapter and hope to see you at an upcoming event!
July 19, 2018 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EST
Webinar – Getting Past Fear for Risk-Taking Rewards
We’ve all experienced failure at some point in our personal lives and careers. But how did we handle it, and did we grow from it? Discover how to get past the fear of failing and looking at failing as a positive vs. negative in order to learn and grow.
This webinar will share creative ideas on how to take the Emotional Competency mindset (how, in the tough moments, do we think, feel, act and how can we use that moment to make the right decisions), and how to apply it to your career and life.
Speaker: Kelly McClellan
Coach, Leadership Consultant & Cheerleader
Worked with individuals from Amazon | Ameriprise Financial | Armed Services | Deloitte | General Mills | Microsoft | Target | Wells Fargo
Save the Date:
October 4, 2018 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM EST
Powerbrokers Award Breakfast
Mark your calendars! You’ll want to attend this year’s WICT Washington DC/Baltimore Chapter PowerBrokers Breakfast to celebrate the winners of the 2018 WICT Touchstones of Leadership Awards.
Hosted at the National Press Club. Tickets go on sale in August!
Nominations are now being accepted for the Touchstones of Leadership Awards. Click here for more information!
For more information, click here.
- Tech It Out: Webcast and Networking Event- Cable’s Role in Driving Disruptive Technology That Powers Everything
- When: January 31, 2018 3:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Where: Comcast (Reston, VA) or CTAM (National Harbor, MD)
- How to Leverage LinkedIn for Your Career Goals – Your presenters will take time to answer questions on the best ways to optimize your career opportunities.
- When: February 22nd, 2018 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
- Where: NCTA – The Internet & Television Association 25 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest #100 Washington, DC 20001
- Webinar: Multicultural Consumer Influence – How Diverse Audiences Shape the Media Landscape
- When: Thursday, April 26 12:00 PM – 1 PM EDT
- Where: Your desk! Or anywhere you can take a webinar call.
- Overview: The diversity in the U.S. is growing and demand for research in multi-ethnic advertising has never been more important. Join us for this webinar to gain a clearer understanding of diverse U.S. consumers and how they shape the media industry.
- Visible & Vocal: Women’s Representation in Media
- Overview: Join WICT Washington, DC/Baltimore and the National Woman’s Party for a thought-provoking and stimulating discussion will provide an opportunity to explore representations of women by the media, the importance of an inclusive media operation created for and by women, and the barriers and challenges that continue to exist today.
- When: Tuesday, May 15th 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM EST
- Doors open at 5:30 pm, giving guests the chance to enjoy a drink, food and networking while exploring the museum galleries at Belmont-Paul before the program begins at 6:30 pm.
- Where: Belmont-Paul Women’s Equality National Monument144 Constitution Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002-5608
- Admission: Free
Past WICT events have uncovered topics including learning to negotiate at your desk, the art of networking, the confidence effect, nonverbal language in business, being financially fearless, managing your career, understanding the state of the industry, and more!